Gold Coast In-home dog behaviour consultations & private dog obedience training
"If you are committed to helping your dog, I am 100% committed to helping both you and your dog"
Professional dog behaviour specialist for 38 years
Please scroll down the page to read about my home consultation services
In-home Behavioural Consultations
Purchase a gift voucher for family or friends
My initial consultation is for around 2 hours for any number of dogs residing in the home. This initial consultation is very intensive. During the consultation I explain to you the reasons behind your dog's inappropriate behaviours and explain and demonstrate the process we need to take to help rehabilitate your dog to bring him or her back into a more balanced state. It's not unusual to observe positive changes in your dog's behaviour during this initial consultation.
We take your dog to any location where the behaviours we are working through are triggered. Whether that be just in the home, or other locations around distractions such as other dogs and people.
During the initial consultation, I will also cover the following subjects to help you better understand your dog. Understanding these core principles will not only speed up your dog's rehabilitation process, but will also ensure a well-balanced dog, and harmonious relationship.
- Dog psychology - How your dog views its relationship with you
- Reinforcing desirable behaviours
- Inhibiting or extinguishing inappropriate behaviours
- Teach your dog to respect your personal and social space, and why it is so important for your relationship
- The importance of your body language and energy and how it affects your relationship with your dog
- Teaching your dog impulse control
- Being aware of anxiety in your dog, and how to ensure it doesn't develop
- Correct socialisation with people and other dogs
- Satisfying your dog's instinctive needs
- Setting the correct rules and boundaries and being consistent
- Understand classical conditioning, and the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning, and how these affect your dog's behaviours and learning.
- Proper leash walking and understanding the principle of opposition reflex response and how it affects walking your dog
Behaviour modification package tailored to suit you and your dogs particular needs
Many of my clients find that the initial consultation is enough for them to understand the underlying cause for their dogs unwanted behaviours, and receive enough information to follow through with, to help modify their dogs unwanted behaviours. However, I do strongly recommend you include at least one follow-up consult for additional assistance. For more serious issues such as for onlead reactivity and aggression, I do recommend at least 2 or 3 follow-up consultations. When you make your booking online, you will see a number of options listed to include additional follow-up consultations.
More difficult cases
There are some cases whereby your dog will need more intensive assistance by me. This could mean either me attending your home 2 to 3 times a week to assist you in your dogs rehabilitation, or possibly even me training and modifying your dogs behaviour. This can only be known once I have observed your dog in its home environment, and around family members. I do have a number of packages available for more difficult cases, which I will discuss with you during your initial consultation, if I feel it maybe your best option.
I am certain I can help you
It's very, very rare for me to come across a behavioural issue that I have not dealt with in my 36 years of working full time as a professional. I do specialise in anxiety related issues, reactivity and aggression (dog to dog and dog to human). If on the very rare occasion that I do feel that I cannot assist you, there is no charge, or if you have paid in advance I offer an immediate full refund.