Home Consultations - Behaviour modification
"If you are committed to helping your dog, I am 100% committed to helping both you and your dog"
FACEBOOK & GOOGLE CLIENT REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Please scroll down the page to view my home consultation fees
Please note, my services and fee's have been updated, as of 18 August 2018
ANXIETY - AGGRESSION - FIGHTING - REACTIVITY - LEAD PULLING - OBSSESSIVE COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOURS - BARKING - FEAR - DOMINANCE - OBEDIENCE
ALL BREEDS - ALL BEHAVIOURAL ISSUES - ALL AGES
Take advantage of Mark's wealth of knowledge and expertise in dog behaviour
My initial consultation is for around 3 hours and is very intensive. I explain to you the reasons behind your dog's inappropriate behaviours and explain and demonstrate the process we need to take to help rehabilitate your dog to bring him or her back into a more balanced state. You will observe positive changes in your dog's behaviour during the consultation.
We take your dog to any location where the behaviours we are working through are triggered. Whether that be just in the home, or other locations around distractions such as other dogs and people.
During the initial consultation, I will also cover the following subjects to help you better understand your dog. Understanding these core principles will not only speed up your dog's rehabilitation process, but will also ensure a well-balanced dog, and harmonious relationship.
- Dog psychology - How your dog views its relationship with you
- Reinforcing desirable behaviours
- Inhibiting or extinguishing inappropriate behaviours
- Teach your dog to respect your personal and social space, and why it is so important for your relationship
- The importance of your body language and energy and how it affects your relationship with your dog
- Teaching your dog impulse control
- Being aware of anxiety in your dog, and how to ensure it doesn't develop
- Correct socialisation with people and other dogs
- Satisfying your dog's instinctive needs
- Setting the correct rules and boundaries and being consistent
- Understand classical conditioning, and the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning, and how these affect your dog's behaviours and learning.
- Proper leash walking and understanding the principle of opposition reflex response and how it affects walking your dog
Training package tailored to suit you and your dogs particular needs
For serious issues such as aggression, in some cases we may need to have a number of sessions with you and your dog, or possibly with only me and your dog, to go through the full process of modifying your dogs behaviour. During the intial consultation I outline what I consider are our best options, so that you can decide. In many cases, the 6 months phone support included with your initial consultation maybe enough for you to work through your dogs issues. If you are committed to helping your dog, and want to make available the best options to help your dog, I am certain we can work through just about any behavioural issue.
If we feel due to the complexity and type of behavioural issues your dog has, that you need more private one-on-one sessions with me to help work through your dogs behaviour issues, I tailor a package to suit you and your dogs requirements during your initial consultation.
I am certain I can help you
It's very, very rare for me to come across a behavioural issue that I have not dealt with in my 36 years of working full time as a professional. I do specialise in anxiety related issues, reactivity and aggression (dog to dog and dog to human). If on the very rare occasion that I do feel that I cannot assist you, I do offer an immediate full refund.
I may ask permission to take video of your dog during my consultation
During your consultation, I may ask your permission to film your dog with my GoPro. If you prefer me not too that is of course fine. Some consultations I conduct may benefit other dog owners. I will only video your dog and keep you totally anonymous, unless of course you do not mind being in the video as well. If I publish the video on my website or Facebook business page, your name or any private information will not be published. Your identity will remain anonymous.
Payment can be made in either of the following ways:
- Over the phone by credit card, once we have confirmed your home consultation date and time - includes $20 discount
- Emailed invoice with bank details or credit card payment option. To be paid before your consultation. If paid in advance, includes $20 discount
- During your initial consultation by cash or credit card
- Preferred - Book your consultation time and date from this page and pay by credit card and have your consultation immediately confirmed, and receive the $20 discount.
I look forward to being of assistance to you, your family and dog/s.
I offer home consultations throughout the Gold Coast area, from Springwood all the way down to Hastings Point. Please check my map on the right (click to enlarge) to see if you are within my service areas. If not, I may still be able to offer you a home consultation, however there maybe an additional fee for travel expenses and time. The area maked in blue (B) incurs an additional $60 charge per consultation. If booking your consultation online, and reside in the blue zone, please select that option when making your booking.
Total fee for your 3 hour consultation is $360. Which includes 12 months phone and email support. Or book and pay for your consultation online and receive a $20 discount. Book here or click on the blue tab on the right side of this page. If your initial consultation is for 2 hours or less, your fee includes a follow-up session with me.
I can get extremely busy, and therefore at times it may take me up to 24 hours to respond to phone voicemails or emails to book a consultation. To speed up the booking process for you, I have made available online bookings. You can choose a day and time that suits you, and lock it in when booking your consult online.
If you prefer to do a phone booking, please allow up to 24 hours for me to phone you back if your call goes to voicemail. Please ensure you leave your name and phone number, and best time to phone you back.
Please also note, your online booking is not confirmed unless you go through with credit card payment when booking your consultation.