"If you are committed to helping your dog, I am 100% committed to helping both you and your dog"
FACEBOOK & GOOGLE CLIENT REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Please scroll down the page to view my home consultation packages and feesProfessional dog behaviour specialist for 36 years - 15,000+ dogs helpedI OFFER ASSISTANCE TO DOGS & THEIR OWNERS THAT OTHER TRAINERS WOULD EITHER DECLINE, OR RECOMMEND PSYCHOTROPIC MEDICATION, OR EVEN EUTHANASIA.
My initial consultation is for around 2 hours and is very intensive. I explain to you the reasons behind your dog's inappropriate behaviours and explain and demonstrate the process we need to take to help rehabilitate your dog to bring him or her back into a more balanced state. You will observe positive changes in your dog's behaviour during the consultation.
We take your dog to any location where the behaviours we are working through are triggered. Whether that be just in the home, or other locations around distractions such as other dogs and people.
During the initial consultation, I will also cover the following subjects to help you better understand your dog. Understanding these core principles will not only speed up your dog's rehabilitation process, but will also ensure a well-balanced dog, and harmonious relationship.
- Dog psychology - How your dog views its relationship with you
- Reinforcing desirable behaviours
- Inhibiting or extinguishing inappropriate behaviours
- Teach your dog to respect your personal and social space, and why it is so important for your relationship
- The importance of your body language and energy and how it affects your relationship with your dog
- Teaching your dog impulse control
- Being aware of anxiety in your dog, and how to ensure it doesn't develop
- Correct socialisation with people and other dogs
- Satisfying your dog's instinctive needs
- Setting the correct rules and boundaries and being consistent
- Understand classical conditioning, and the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning, and how these affect your dog's behaviours and learning.
- Proper leash walking and understanding the principle of opposition reflex response and how it affects walking your dog
Behaviour modification package tailored to suit you and your dogs particular needs
For most behavioural issues, many of my clients find that the initial consultation is enough for them to understand the underlying cause for their dogs unwanted behaviours, and receive enough information to follow through with to modify their dogs unwanted behaviours. However, I do strongly recommend you include at least one follow-up consult for additional assistance. For serious issues such as for onlead reactivity and aggression, I do recommend at least 2 or 3 follow-up consultations. When you make your booking online, you will see a number of options listed to include additional follow-up consultations.
I am certain I can help you
It's very, very rare for me to come across a behavioural issue that I have not dealt with in my 36 years of working full time as a professional. I do specialise in anxiety related issues, reactivity and aggression (dog to dog and dog to human). If on the very rare occasion that I do feel that I cannot assist you, there is no charge, or if you have paid in advance I offer an immediate full refund.
I may ask permission to take video of your dog during my consultation
During your consultation, I may ask your permission to film your dog with my GoPro. If you prefer me not too that is of course fine. Some consultations I conduct may benefit other dog owners. I will only video your dog and keep you totally anonymous, unless of course you do not mind being in the video as well. If I publish the video on my website or Facebook business page, your name or any private information will not be published. Your identity will remain anonymous.
Booking your consultation
Phone me on 0416 705 463, or I do prefer if you use my online booking system, as at times I can be extremely busy, and may not be able to return phone calls for up to 24 hours. However, I do returns calls ASAP and usually within a couple of hours. By booking online you can immediately see what times I have available and you can then book your preferred day and time instantly. By booking online, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your booking. You also receive a reminder email 24 hours before your consultation, and then an SMS message 2 hours before your consultation time. You can also pay for your consultation during the booking process by credit card and receive a discount.
Please note: Due to my current workload and the number of phone enquiries I am currently receiving, I would prefer booking a service from my website until further notice. I can't respond to all phone inquiries in a timely manner presently sorry. All you need to do is click on the blue BOOK NOW button, and you can book any of my services. If you do prefer to phone me, please allow up to 24 hours for a response, if I am unable to answer your call.
I offer home consultations throughout the Gold Coast area, from Springwood all the way down to Hastings Point. Please check my map on the right (click to enlarge) to see if you are within my service areas. If not, I may still be able to offer you a home consultation, however there maybe an additional fee for travel expenses and time. The area marked in blue (B) incurs an additional $40 charge per consultation. If booking your consultation online, and reside in the blue zone, please select that option when making your booking.
Payment can be made by either of the following ways:
- Over the phone by credit card, once we have confirmed your home consultation date and time - includes a 5% discount
- Emailed invoice with bank details. To be paid before your consultation. If paid in advance, includes 5% discount
- During your initial consultation by cash or credit card. Full fee
- Preferred - Book your consultation time and date from my website and pay by credit card to have your consultation immediately confirmed on your preferred date and time, and receive a 5% discount by using the code payonline.
The fee for an initial 2 hour consultation is $290, which includes 6 months phone and email support. Receive a 5% discount by paying via credit card when making your booking using the code payonline or phone me on 0416 705 463
You can purchase gift vouchers for any of my services. Click on the Purchase Gift Voucher image below and you will be taken to a page where you can pay for a gift voucher and have it sent to the person you purchased it for. You can include a personal message and also include your own image to be displayed on the voucher. The recipient of the gift voucher receives the voucher with a personal message from you and image. Included on the voucher will be a link where the recipient can redeem the voucher and book a service on a day and time that is convenient for them. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.