In-home dog behavioural consults & private obedience lessons
"If you are committed to helping your dog, I am 100% committed to helping both you and your dog"
FACEBOOK & GOOGLE CLIENT REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Please scroll down the page to read about my home consultation services
My initial consultation is for around 3 hours and is very intensive. I explain to you the reasons behind your dog's inappropriate behaviours and explain and demonstrate the process we need to take to help rehabilitate your dog to bring him or her back into a more balanced state. You will observe positive changes in your dog's behaviour during the consultation.
We take your dog to any location where the behaviours we are working through are triggered. Whether that be just in the home, or other locations around distractions such as other dogs and people.
During the initial consultation, I will also cover the following subjects to help you better understand your dog. Understanding these core principles will not only speed up your dog's rehabilitation process, but will also ensure a well-balanced dog, and harmonious relationship.
- Dog psychology - How your dog views its relationship with you
- Reinforcing desirable behaviours
- Inhibiting or extinguishing inappropriate behaviours
- Teach your dog to respect your personal and social space, and why it is so important for your relationship
- The importance of your body language and energy and how it affects your relationship with your dog
- Teaching your dog impulse control
- Being aware of anxiety in your dog, and how to ensure it doesn't develop
- Correct socialisation with people and other dogs
- Satisfying your dog's instinctive needs
- Setting the correct rules and boundaries and being consistent
- Understand classical conditioning, and the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning, and how these affect your dog's behaviours and learning.
- Proper leash walking and understanding the principle of opposition reflex response and how it affects walking your dog
Behaviour modification package tailored to suit you and your dogs particular needs
For most behavioural issues, many of my clients find that the initial consultation is enough for them to understand the underlying cause for their dogs unwanted behaviours, and receive enough information to follow through with to modify their dogs unwanted behaviours. However, I do strongly recommend you include at least one follow-up consult for additional assistance. For serious issues such as for onlead reactivity and aggression, I do recommend at least 2 or 3 follow-up consultations. When you make your booking online, you will see a number of options listed to include additional follow-up consultations.
I am certain I can help you
It's very, very rare for me to come across a behavioural issue that I have not dealt with in my 36 years of working full time as a professional. I do specialise in anxiety related issues, reactivity and aggression (dog to dog and dog to human). If on the very rare occasion that I do feel that I cannot assist you, there is no charge, or if you have paid in advance I offer an immediate full refund.