Gold Coast In-home dog behaviour consultations & private dog obedience training
"If you are committed to helping your dog, I am 100% committed to helping both you and your dog"
Professional dog behaviour specialist for 38 years
Please scroll down the page to read about my home consultation services
In-home Behavioural Consultation
Book your home consultation online and save $30
Please click on the map to enlarge to see if you reside in my service area. If you reside outside my service area, please contact me via the contact form for a home consultation quote. My fee for my initial 2 hour consultation within my service area (as displayed on the map) is $320.00, or $290.00 if you book online, which includes 6 months phone support. Please scroll down for a breakdown of all my fees, to include follow-up visits by me.
|BOOK A HOME CONSULTATION & SAVE ||PURCHASE A GIFT VOUCHER|
|PHONE: 0416 705 463|
My initial consultation is for around 2 hours for any number of dogs residing in the home. This initial consultation is very intensive. During the consultation I explain to you the reasons behind your dog's inappropriate behaviours and explain and demonstrate the process we need to take to help rehabilitate your dog to bring him or her back into a more balanced state. It's not unusual to observe positive changes in your dog's behaviour during this initial consultation.
We take your dog to any location where the behaviours we are working through are triggered. Whether that be just in the home, or other locations around distractions such as other dogs and people.
During the initial consultation, I will also cover the following subjects to help you better understand your dog. Understanding these core principles will not only speed up your dog's rehabilitation process, but will also ensure a well-balanced dog, and harmonious relationship.
- Dog psychology - How your dog views its relationship with you
- Reinforcing desirable behaviours
- Inhibiting or extinguishing inappropriate behaviours
- Teach your dog to respect your personal and social space, and why it is so important for your relationship
- The importance of your body language and energy and how it affects your relationship with your dog
- Teaching your dog impulse control
- Being aware of anxiety in your dog, and how to ensure it doesn't develop
- Correct socialisation with people and other dogs
- Satisfying your dog's instinctive needs
- Setting the correct rules and boundaries and being consistent
- Understand learning theory
- Proper leash walking and understanding the principle of opposition reflex response and how it affects walking your dog
Includes 6 months phone and Whatsapp support
Fee's, which includes 6 months phone support.
- Initial 2 Hour home consultation: $320.00 (or $290.00 if you book online)
- Initial home consultation plus 1 follow-up: $415.00 (online booking discount only)
- Initial home consultation plus 2 follow-ups: $510.00 (online booking discount only)
- Initial home consultation plus 4 follow-ups: $730.00 (online booking discount only)
- Initial home consultation plus 6 follow-ups: $940.00 (online booking discount only)
When booking your home consultation online, payment is requested when you make your booking. If in the very unlikely event that when I attend your home I feel I cannot assist you and your dog, I offer an immediate full refund, which is re-credited back to your card whilst I am at your home.
If I feel I require more information from you after receiving your booking information, I will phone you before I attend your home. If you do not hear from me, it means I have all the required information I need.
When you complete your online booking you will receive an email confirmation and receipt for your payment. You will then receive a reminder email of your upcoming appointment 24 hours in advance. You will then receive an SMS reminder 2 hours before your consultation. You can log in any time to either reschedule or cancel a booking.
Behaviour modification package tailored to suit you and your dogs particular needs
Many of my clients find that the initial consultation is enough for them to understand the underlying cause for their dogs unwanted behaviours, and receive enough information to follow through with to help modify their dogs unwanted behaviours, also utilising the included 6 months phone support. However, I do strongly recommend you include at least one follow-up consult for additional home assistance.
In-Home Obedience Training
If you wish to focus on general obedience and behavioural issues, I do recommend at least 2 or 4 follow-up lessons.
When you make your booking online, you will see a number of options listed to include additional follow-up lessons. Booking these in advance, you save on each lesson.
|BOOK A HOME CONSULTATION ||PURCHASE A GIFT VOUCHER |
Reactive Dog Group Classes, if you have on lead reactivity issues around other dogs - click here